- This event has passed.
NMBP-13 Future-proof Approaches for Risk Governance – Lessons Learned from Nanomaterials
“Future-proof Approaches for Risk Governance – Lessons Learned from Nanomaterials” organised by the NMBP-13 projects NANORIGO, RiskGONE and Gov4Nano
We are pleased to invite you to join our final conference that will present the activities of our three EU-funded projects to help shape international approaches to addressing future challenges in risk governance of advanced (nano)materials. This includes safe- and sustainable by design (SSbD) and harmonisation and standardisation.
The conference takes place online on 31st January 2023 from 11:00 to 14:00 CET.
Download Conference Brochure
We will present and discuss the practical application of our key results and recommendations in the following thematic areas:
- Harmonisation and standardisation
- Data management (and FAIR data)
- Accessibility of tools, instruments and guidance via an online portal
- Effective organisation of risk governance
These have been informed by extensive stakeholder consultations, and will complement and support the work of others on risk governance of advanced (nano)materials.
Audience feedback will be invited via question-and-answer sessions and through online polling.
Why it is important to attend this conference
The fundamental premise of our projects is that governance must be inclusive. Thus, we are extending an invitation to all stakeholders that can contribute to this discussion and are involved in ongoing initiatives related to the CSS and/or (risk) governance of advanced materials. This includes representatives from NGOs, industry, research organisations, government agencies, regulators and international organisations, and in particular those involved in:
- (Research) projects in the context of the implementation of the CSS, e.g., projects on SSbD
- Developing harmonisation and standardisation approaches for advanced (nano) materials
- Nanosafety research
- Regulatory risk assessment or method development of new (nano)materials
- Policy development for advanced (nano)materials